Sunday, January 28















Vans sk8 high. Black/White

So the past couple months I've been taking a few trips (the Philippines in Nov, LA/OC during the holidays, Las Vegas last weekend) and the biggest dilemma I have before I leave is what shoes I need to bring. I am NOT going to bring multiple pairs of shoes in my luggage but I do need a pair of shoes that will work with everything I bring whether my trip is 2 weeks long or 24 hours long. So the shoe of choice is usually something black with a white midsole. Whether it's a pair of dunks, the air force 1 mid (shown earlier) or these, the sk8 high, my travel sneaker needs to be simple and versatile.

The sk8 high by vans was first released in the 1980's and was one of the first sneakers designed specifically for the sport of skateboarding. I remember kids back in the day using duct tape to fix worn sk8 highs and airwalks.

Nowadays, the retro sneaker comes in a myriad colors and patterns with versions created by a myriad of personalities from exclusive skate shops to underground hip hop artists to well renowned designers like Marc Jacobs.

Not real keen on the checkered patterns or the marijuana leaf on the side of my sk8 highs. I like mine simple. I picked these up at an online boutique and switched out the stock white laces with black ones.

I'm going to go wash my hands now.

No comments: