Thursday, July 13

a week's worth of catch up

Ok so I started this experiment on Monday and I decided to do this blog on Thursday, so I have 4 days of sneakers to write about.

Monday, July 10th

Sneaker: Nike Dunk Low Pro - lt graph|tm red-sl ice (ref) - "unsplats"














It's not uncommon for a sneaker's identity to be based on another shoe with a similar colorway. The shoe that it is based on is the "splatters."

The "splatters" were released around the same time that these were released but received more attention. It basically is the same colorway with paint splattered all over it. Hence the name "splatters." Original huh? Anyways, I bought this shoe back in the spring of 2003 because of the simple colorway and the reflective 3m material on the shoe. FLASHY.

Tuesday, July 11th

Sneaker: Nike Dunk High Premium - med curry|m curry-net-dk brn - "premium curries"














Since I was buying all of these sneakers, I figured I should get some that I can legitimately wear at the office. These puppies, with their "premium" leather seemed like a good shoe that I could wear. Little did I realize that I could probably get away with wearing all my sneakers without any serious problems. At least I hope, or else this blog is gonna go on forever and have weekly posts instead of daily. All right KH!

Wednesday, July 12th

Sneaker: Nike Air Max 90 - white|cement grey-infrared-black - "infrareds"














Ok so I didn't wear these to the office, BUT after my meeting on Wed, I did have time to have lunch, write some emails, and change at home before heading to the dentist. These are easily one of my favorite pairs ever. I have 2 pairs, and I never buy multiple pairs of the same shoe. Infrared highlights, mesh toebox, and simple yet high tech design is what drew me to them. They remind me jr high because my best friend at the time had them and I really wanted them from him. Bastard.

Thursday, July 13th

Sneaker: Nike air zoom FC's - black|sport red - "Manchester United"














I only pay attention to soccer (or football) when World Cup comes around and when there's some dirt on David Beckham. The Nike skateboarding division took the styling of an old school soccer shoe and tricked it out for skateboarding use. Added padding, a Zoom Air insole and a new outsole was developed for the sport. Since the design was developed from the shape of a soccer shoe, they thought it would be cute to pair colorways to soccer clubs. The back of the shoe has a Manchester United seal and a pair of yellow laces that will never see the light of day. I'm not a fan of Man-U, I just liked the shoe. Gotta love those red laces. And they were cheap. I think I paid $20 bucks for these?

No comments: