Thursday, July 27

One shoe for everything? What a concept!

Sneaker: Nike Air Trainer 1: grey|green|pink - "twisted prep trainers"














Back in 1987, Nike did two revolutionary things, it introduced the world to the air max shoe with its famous see through visible air bubble and it invented the first cross training shoe, the nike air trainer 1. Nike design stud, Tinker Hatfield was watching athletes train at a local gym and noticed them using two different pairs of shoes; one for running and another for weight training. So he designed the first multi-purpose athletic shoe suitable for both, and it became a HUGE hit. John McEnroe wore them, NBA players wore them, and I wore them. I had the kids version of the air trainer low back in 1988 (I was in the 4th or 5th grade). Now, almost 20 years later, I’m wearing them again.

This version was released in the fall of 2003 as part of the twisted prep series. Cracked leather and an argyle print insole are some of the details of the shoe. Catch me wearing these with my pink lacoste polo, sweater vest and my j-crew patchwork plaid shorts. Hot!

Ok….not.

No comments: